The Heavy Weight
The 3815 is the heaviest built Bush Hog® Flex-Wing for the toughest cutting conditions. It is recognized by right-of-way contractors and large land owners as the Flex-Wing that can perform over the most rugged terrain. The ease of maintenance features and durability, reliability and performance make the 3815 the highest value for your investment.
Place your mouse over the image to enlarge any portion of the product below.
NOTE: Unit(s) shown equipped with certain selections and options; please consult with your local Bush Hog dealer for all available configurations.
- Wing and center skids are 3/8-inch thick for extended wear and outside edges are turned up at 45 degrees to stop heavy ground contact that might damage the sidebands.
- Center section axle spindles are centered on the axle arm for equalized loading of vertical forces.
- Grease fittings and spring steel bushings at axle pivot points for longer life.
- Free wing float without movement of the hydraulic cylinder rod is 22° down and 45° up.
- Improved suspension that absorbs more shock loads at the tires.
- Industry first — 3-inches O.D. output shaft in cutting gearboxes.
- Reinforced blade pans for maximum durability in heavy cutting conditions.
- Wing drivelines are ASAE Cat.5 for use in heavy cutting conditions.
- Patent Pending oil sight gauge takes the guess work out of checking the oil. In less than 10 seconds, all three cutting box oil levels can be checked and rechecked
- E-Z lube drivelines are quick and easy to service. All grease fittings on the PTO CV driveline and wing drivelines align for quick location of grease points, reducing service times.
- Seven gauge deck plates for stronger decks that are less susceptible to damage.
- Heavy, durable axle arms withstand the shock and bending loads generated when used on the roughest terrain.
The Patent Pending oil sight gauge takes the guess work out of checking the oil. In less than 10 seconds, all three cutting box oil levels can be checked and rechecked as often as you walk around the machine. Never climb onto the cutter again to check the gearbox oil levels.
Bush Hog’s E-Z lube drivelines are quick and easy to service. All grease fittings on the pto CV driveline and wing drivelines align for quick location of grease points. Since all grease fittings on all drivelines are in an up position on every 5th revolution, service times are reduced.
|*Transport Height:||7-feet 3-inches|
|**Transport Width:||8-feet 2-inches|
|Cutting Height:||2-inches to 14-inches|
|Hitch:||Self Leveling, “Perma-Level”|
|Minimum Tractor h.p. @ PTO:||60|
|Side Band:||1/4-inch x 12-inches|
|Blades:||1/2-inch x 4-inches|
|PTO Drivelines:||ASAE Cat 6|
|Wing Drivelines:||ASAE Cat 5|
|Wing Flex:||22° down / 87° up|
|Wing Free Float:||22° down / 45° up|
|Splitter Gearbox Rating:||250 HP|
|Cutting Gearbox Rating:||225 HP|
|Blade Tip Speed:||16,289 FPM @ 540 PTO / 16,000 FPM @ 1000 PTO|
|Cutting Capacity:||4.5-inches diameter|
|Top Deck, Center Section:||11-gauge|
|Bottom Deck, Center:||7-gauge|
|Axle Cushions:||Springs @ each wheel|
|Grass/ Crop Distribution:||Optional baffles|
|Wing & Center Hydraulics:||Standard|
|Safety Tow Chain:||Standard|
|*Measured @ max. Transport height|
|**Measured wing skid to wing skid when folded|
Literature & Manuals
Bush Hog 3815More value for your investment! The 3815 Flex-Wing is easier to service and has new features that maximize performance and durability in all uses. Whether it's corn stalk shredding, pasture maintenance or roadside cutting, the 3815 is unsurpassed in performance, durability, and reliability.